A true industry expert, Gayle began her career in aesthetics in 1979. Since then, she has been devoted to providing her cherished clients with the highest quality beauty and health services in an environment where cleanliness, safety and luxury are top of mind.
Gayle's commitment to education in the industry keeps her busy updating her certifications, learning the most current practices and imparting her knowledge on other aestheticians through teaching various courses. Gayle's educational background includes:
- Diploma of Cosmetology, Province of Alberta (1979)
- Zeneba Academy of Esthetics (2000)
- Certified Podologist (C.Pod(i) – 144), Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners (2001) (advanced foot care)
- Health Canada Regulations for Infection Control in the Spa Industry (2007)
- Oncological services certification (2015)
- Permanent Makeup Certificate, Dermal Source (2008)
- Advanced Microblading Certification, Micro-Pigmentation Centre (2016)
Gayle is passionate about providing knowledgeable and caring medi‑spa treatments for clients with unique health concerns. Her areas of expertise and specialization include:
- Diabetic pedicure treatments
- Oncological services to address peripheral neuropathy and Hand and Foot Syndrome related to the side effects of chemotherapy drug treatment following cancer diagnosis (Click here for more information on medical beauty treatments)
- Permanent makeup
- Long‑time chorus member with the Calgary Opera
- Enjoys woodworking and silversmithing
Misty has always been in love with making others look and feel their best. She has now been living her passion for providing advanced skin care and beauty for 20 years, building lasting relationships with her unique clients along the way.
During the course of her career, Misty discovered that she enjoys being an instructor as much as being a student. Her certifications include:
- Certified Aesthetician (with honours), L'Institut Jon Raymond, Moncton (1998)
- Certified Podologist/Diabetic Pedicurist, Canadian Examining Board of Health Care Practitioners (2001)
- Jane Iredale Makeup Artistry University training (ongoing)
- Expert‑level Dermalogica® skin care training (2013)
- Laser/IPL technician (2008)
As one of only a small handful of experts in Calgary qualified to do so, Misty also regularly instructs other aestheticians and makeup artists on current Dermalogica® and Jane Iredale products.
Misty takes an educated, holistic approach to her clients' unique skin care concerns. Her specialties include:
- Custom facials and skincare education
- Expertly‑shaped eyebrows
- Event makeup artistry
- Advanced foot care
- Originally from New Brunswick, she moved here in 2000 and now loves downtown Calgary life with her dog, Nubi
- Gets energized watching hockey! Go Flames!
- Finds her peace by working up a sweat in the mountains